The window...

girl sitting on the window
being friends-a window and a young woman

Sitting over my window, staring out, as the long night stretches in to the comfortable silence. I realize I have come a long way- from a scared tiny pinkish bundle of skin, bone and blood to a woman of her own identity. So much has changed since, but not all. The intoxicating smell of 'jasmine' and 'the queen of night' still fills the air in the dark, like it used to. Leaving me nostalgic of the quite, happy moments I have had filling the fragrance deep into my lungs, where it still stays- untouched, unpolluted, unblemished. There had been a time when rarely, in a blue moon, some snake would crawl into my room scaring the hell out of me. And now, I take them to be the amazing beautiful creatures. Yes, I have changed and so have time. But this window that i fondly call my own, still remains to be my place of solace, my salvation and my insight to the outside world and me. this one window has been the witness of my growing up. It holds many of my secrets, like a sincere best friend. It heard me talking to the first love of my life and my last. It cheered at my giggles and held me when I cried silently, storing in my tears, like creating my memories for itself. It knows how utterly silly I could be or how amazingly intelligent. It had seen me being brave and had seen me breaking down, shattering into pieces. It would always wake me up, letting the selective sun rays seeping into my room, filling me with new hopes. And drenching my nights with moonlight and ever so new dreams. i had no idea I love my window so much. The realization just dawned over me tonight, as I sit, holding my joining letter, over the window for one last time. Tomorrow, I will be on the other side of the world, flying into a new horizon. I am happy, and sad that I might never get to see my window again, never like this.

14 Obiters:

gunjan kumar said...

beautiful...superlike

Amit Singh said...

Brilliantly written ... conveys a lot.

the factfiction said...

Thnak you gunjan

the factfiction said...

thanks amit

Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

I think the window will always be there. You just have to remove the blinds :)

the factfiction said...

vinod..true...but all you dont get is time in this daudti bhaagti zindagi

Farina said...

Too gud!

the factfiction said...

thanks farina

J's said...

Nicely written, we always need to find out the time!!!

the factfiction said...

J's yes we do...only that we dont really do

Aarthy said...

Lovely post .. I specially liked the last line - 'I am happy, and sad that I might never get to see my window again, never like this.'
There are many such instances in life .. Where you are happy and a bit sad that things will never be the same again ..

the factfiction said...

my point xactly :)

Anonymous said...

you will like [URL=http://jacket-dresses.net/]moncler[/URL] to your friends nxuOHXpZ [URL=http://jacket-dresses.net/ ] http://jacket-dresses.net/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips