To my Chums

cartoon
...And when it all ends, I know
somehow you will still hold on to me
somehow you'll never let me go...

I have been told many-a-times that I remissness about my past a lot...and why not...i have beautiful memories...gifted by my friends...memories that are my strength...a place where I can hide and pretend that the world is still as beautiful as it used to be, when I was a child.

Primary school....the initial days...I don't have much memory of it...But I remember...playing chooha billi game in 3rd std. with friends...and I remember my first crush in std. 6...and I still feel the flutters of it in my heart, afresh. And we grew a little...girls boys thing got in the way...but what can inter fare  between the hearts connected...our togetherness created beautiful memories...to cherish when we parted...to a new phase...a new feeling...to high school. 

High school days can never be compared to any precious gem or metal...no gold...no diamond...no platinum..They are priceless...at least mine had been. The school campus, the building, the staircases, the passage, the classroom,and classroom mein shor machaate hum...its still vivid..each one of it.
I remember all the mastikhori we did...our school functions...sport's days...parent's nights..interschool trips...God... highschool had been fun...I still remember each faces of my class...especially of my best friends...Prem and Faraze...they were...and they remained...an integral part of my life...like two pillars....strong and reliable. usually i hear people cribbing about being back stabbed by their close friends...and by the ones they considered their best friends....it is then that I realize...and feel blessed to have them in my life...for almost over half of my life...i have trusted them blindfolded...and never...not even once have they disappointed me. We fought over nothing...and patched up in sooner than the soonest moment...And then we grew up.

I had a nice circle in college as well..in my grads and post grads...but no one I am still in touch with...we never made such connection again ever...guess that is what growing up is about..you lose, not only the innocence of childhood but also the strength  of bonding...And at later stages..I met few strangers that grew to be good friends...ones those made me feel lucky...who loved me more than I deserved...stood strong in spite of  all my rudeness and coldness. 

And today..here...I want to tell them all that I love them...that to me they are treasures priceless. We have been crazy together...acted insane...drove people mad...fell in love with some one else...but you and me...kept it WE....guess that is what friends for...I am blessed, obliged and touched to have each one of you, I call my friend...each single one of you.

I LOVE YOU ALL

0 Obiters:

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips