A new life

hindu marriage



 Strange are the ways of love. When it doesn't happen, it is only a word, and when it happens, it becomes the world to you.

I logged into the matrimony website. Smiled, there was a message from him. Amit, my now husband, just a stranger then. Everything took shape in a flash. We met at matrimony, our fathers met and decided we should be married. I had no issues for from the very start I had my mind made up to say a blind yes to my father's will. And hence we started our conversation. He was always to the point and formal in his messages. I wondered how 'proper' he is. But still, somehow, his messages would light up my day. Few days passed, and how could we not be friends on facebook by now. So, it happened. I found him. And then there was no holding back. we chatted breathlessly all day long and it still felt insufficient. We were supposed to meet formally with our family, and we decided to exchange our numbers then. There had been a connection between us since start, a pull on which none of us was able to put our fingers on. it felt a lot like love, but I wasn't sure. The D-day came, we met. although to our families it was for our acceptance and rejections that we had met, but for us it was a formality. We were meant for each other, and we realized this long before. The moment we said our farewell to each other, we were glued to our phone, and we stayed like that till the day we got married.

I remember it was one of those days before our engagement. As usual we had been doing marathon talking all day long. It was evening, a beautiful evening, when he said he loves me. It was so soft, felt so beautiful that it took my breath away. I knew the right response would have been to say 'I love you too' but for some reasons it never came out. It dint feel like the right time to say. I held back and he never questioned. since the day we met, till our engagement, each day crawled for us. He would express his love many times a day to me and I would accept it happily, without responding. I was still waiting for the right time. And finally we were engaged.

It was still 3 months to go before out marriage, and by this time it looked more like a love than arranged. We spend a beautiful courtship period. Full of teenage excitement and old school romance. The fact that the valentines day was right after we got engaged added to the fun. Roses and tulips filled my room. there were chocolate and teddys and a lot of romance on facebook. And when being apart got impossible, there were sneak out meetings like we were two young lovers. And i was still waiting for the right time.

It was my marriage day. I was all dressed up like a princess, ready to belong to my prince charming. Miliions of butterflies raided my nerves and on my face was a bonfire. My heartbeat was nothing less than thunder and my breath was like a whirlwind. I was about to get married to the man I love. Sitting beside him, while the 'panditji uttered all the 'mantras' I was ready for a whole new life. And then he put his arms around me with 'mangalsutra' in his hands, his ears close to my lips. "I love you", I whispered. he paused for few seconds. I could make out he was thrilled and surprised. And then a big smile floated over his lips, causing the deepening of his dimples that I so loved.

And so, The first time I said I love you to a non family member, I got married to him right away.



This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda






2 Obiters:

Anonymous said...

spellbound........true and pure love are .....forever....the rarest love story .....

the factfiction said...

thankyou stranger

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips