The Missed Love

missed call icon




 She was already very annoyed over the way her husband was ignoring her since as long as their marriage. This has become a regular topic for their argument and today was no different. As usual she went shopping to pacify herself but it only added to her anger. The traffic was worst, the crowd was more uncivilized than ever, the noise was irritating and the paper bags instead of poly bags acted as the topping over it all. As she tried to unlock the door with her arms full of paper bags, her phone rang mercilessly somewhere in her purse. Finally, the door opened, she dumped the bags on the couch and hurriedly fished for her phone.

"What the ... . 38 missed calls in 10 minutes."  She wondered what was going on.

All the calls had been from the same number, unknown to her. As she was trying to decide between to call or not to call, her phone rang again.

"Nimmi, where in the hell have you been. I have been trying to reach you so desperately and you did not even bother to answer. You know how worried I get when you do this."  A crisp male voice started even before she could say hello. "Well, I just wanted to say I love you and that I am missing you already, come back home soon."  The voice started again, not even bothering for a reply.

"Nimmi, say something na."

"Ummm, mister, you have got a wrong number."

"What do you mean wrong number. I dialed my Nimmi's number, how could it be a wrong number."

This fueled up her annoyance. "Wrong number means wrong number." She shouted  before disconnecting the call and throwing her phone on the couch.

'Bloody idiots', she thought as she ran a hot water shower for her. Deciding to indulge herself in a steaming mug of coffee, she walked into the kitchen. Her phone beeped, indicating a message. It was from the same unknown number. She decided to read it before putting it to bin.

"I am sorry, I did not mean to annoy you. I just got worried when I couldn't reach my wife." the message read.

A sincere apology works as a magic to the fuming mind. her anger simmered down a little.

'Lucky bitch', She thought as she typed in her reply, "Its okay, happens. never mind."

*beep*

"Thank God you have a short lived temperament. I was so scared that you will report me in to the police :P".

This made her laugh and she replied in the same good humor. And it started, the series of messaging tying two strangers in a bond of good humor.

Many-a-times the saying that two person of opposite sex can never remain just friends proves itself right. This was one among those times. The conversation shifted from the world and their spouses to themselves. She started keeping her phone around her. Whenever her husband was around she would turn the profile to silent. She would wait desperately for his message and the message icon in her phone would always excite her like a candy to a child. She knew he was going through the same phase, because he told her so. And she trusted him. And then one fine day,

*beep*
"I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"Just promise me first you won't get mad at me."

These things annoy her a lot. She tried to keep her calm before replying "Okay, I promise. tell me now."

"I think I am in love with you."

Her heart jumped to her throat.

"Are you there?"

"Yes"

"Are you mad at me?"

"No"

"Then say something"

":)"

And their romance started. She found with him what she lost with her husband. He would say sweet words to her and everything she had always wanted to hear from her husband.

"Don't you think we must meet now", he texted.

"Why? I like it this way."

"But I can't see you on the texts."

"What is there to see. I look like any other woman walking on the street."

"Can't be. I can say you are way beautiful than the others."

She blushed.

"And moreover I wan to touch you. I want to hold you in my arms and run my hands all over you, just to know how it feels to make love to my whole world."

"We can't do that. We both are married."

"Of course we can. We are adults enough to make our own decisions, and we have decided to move out of our unhappy marriage and seek whatever we have lost in each other."

"I don't know. I am not yet sure."

He tried to reason with her, but she was not able to put aside that nagging feeling that was becoming prominent with his every reason. She was happy the way it was going. She was unwilling to change it anyways. Although she trusted him, but was unsure to what extend. At one hand he said he loved his wife, at other he said he loved her. Her kids, her husband, she had many people to think of. And everyday newspapers carried heart wrenching news of how affairs like these ends, how can she ignore that.

"Fine. Either we meet, or I am ending it right here."

Unable to decide what to do, she kept staring at her phone for a long while, for a really long while.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


17 Obiters:

jingles said...

Wrong number.... Right connection! But what's next????

Waiting eagerly!

jingles said...

Wrong number.... Right connection! But what's next????

Waiting eagerly!

Namrata said...

I guess now their short lived gleeful illegitimate affair ended here..just with a threatening??? I don't like guys who threaten or blackmail but your story was very nice. :)

kalpana solsi said...

She should not succumb to his blackmail. nice writing like the undisturbed flow of water.

How do we know said...

he he... she should meet him.. and figure out that she was texting her husband all this while.. no guy gets the no. of his wife wrong. :)

Unknown said...

Wrong number ...right person :) .... how the real story will unfold then ??

the factfiction said...

Swarn priya...I would rather leave it up to your imagination :p

the factfiction said...

Namrata...me neither...and the affair may have a long life....you never know ;)

the factfiction said...

Thanks kalpana :D

the factfiction said...

Hahaha....twist in the tale....but then again....how do we know...right :p

the factfiction said...

Thats another story ... :)

Anonymous said...

nicely executed flow of words.

the factfiction said...

thankyou :)

preethi said...

Brilliant idea and take on the prompt. Loved it :)

the factfiction said...

thankyou preethi :D

Sifar said...

Wonderful....as usual...lovvd the take :)

the factfiction said...

:D :D

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips