The valentine


room decore



"How did I ever end up marrying the most unromantic man alive on entire planet", She sulked.

"Moira, why are you still here? Its valentine's  eve darling, aren't you supposed to be home with your husband?"

Her heart twitched at her boss's remark, "Neerav 's away at a tour Nik. Aren't you going home?

"Oh, yes yes, I am rushing before my wife decides to kill me", and he gave a hearty laugh.

She, more often than not, found herself envying Nik's wife. Even after three decades of their marriage, Nik is still heads over heels in love with his wife, and her husband doesn't even bother for their first valentine together. Throughout the valentine week, she kept giving him surprises and little goodies, and he always took it with a cold smile and a formal thanks.

It was way past working hours and her office was deserted. A light over her desk and a few lights tinkling here and there gave the office a romantic aura.

"How I wish Neerav was here with me. It would have really been romantic", she thought, "but if he was here, I would not have been in the office at the first place", she sulked again.

Though, theirs have been an arrange marriage, but to them it felt more like love. He used to be so crazy for her and so attentive and sensitive to her every need, until their honeymoon got over. Once he joined his office back, she realized she only stands next to his work. This was going to be their first valentine together. She had been very excited for this since January. And here she was, sitting in the office, about to celebrate the most romantic day alone.Her heart felt heavy, and so she decided to concentrate over the work on her hand. It was thirty minutes to midnight, when she was done for the day. She didn't feel like going home, but she knew she had to.

As she got down at her door a deep sadness and disappointment started to engulfed her. Lost in her thoughts, she did not notice a faint light glowing in the darkness of her house. There was someone in the house, in her house.

As she walked in she smelled perfume, or may be a room freshener. It was intoxicating. Suddenly she realized, someone is her in her house. A chill ran down her spines. All worst thoughts gushed through her mind in a fraction of second. She heard a soft sound of CD being played. She took off her sandals, grabbed the.brass vase from the nearby table and moved quietly towards the sound. She moved the knob of her bedroom door and ever so slowly pushed the door open. Her jaws dropped and her eyes widened at what she saw. 

The bedroom was decorated with most delicate fabrics, exquisite flowers, candles and valentine balloons. Her favorite fragrance floating in the air and her favorite music filled her heart. On bed, in between heart shaped flowers, was a message in the bottle.




My life,

(((Hugs)))


I know you must be really mad at me for leaving you alone on this day of love. But trust me when I say ever since you have walked in to my life, you have made my each day, the day of love. You know, even when I am not around you, am never far away, because my love, distance between us does not exist. You are always with me; I carry you with me everywhere I go. And how can I not, you are my soul. I am nothing without you. I know I am not very good at expressing my love for you, in fact I really suck at it in the way you would have put it. Although you never say it but I have seen it in your eyes how disappointed you are in me. Every time I have tried, you always came up with something before I could, something that always rendered me speechless, and hence I always backed off. I know I should not have, but I always did, resolving I would come up with something better but I always failed. 


I always thought love doesn’t need expression. If you love someone, why show it off or why to keep proving it time and over again. But when you came in to my life, things changed. Every time you did something for me, something that showed your childlike innocent and undemanding love for me, my heart did a somersault. And I kept thinking about it throughout the week and many more days often. I often find my thoughts drifting off to you, in the middle of a crucial meeting, or in between some very important work, during driving or reading a book, anytime and often.


Every time I look at you I feel there always is something about you that I have never noticed before. When you look at me with those love filled eyes, I wonder have they been this beautiful all along or they keep growing beautiful every chance I look in to them. You smile and suddenly the day seems to be much bright and cheerful. Your tiptoed stolen kisses on my cheeks thrill me. You have made my life full of little romantic adventures. So, how can I miss this chance to tell you how much I love you.

I may seem unromantic or be reserved but I don’t love you any less. No matter where I am, I will always be there to catch your tears and turn them into smiles.    

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
                                                                   Love,

                                                                                                 
                                           Someone who have lost his heart to you

Reading this, a tear ran down her eyes, but before it could desert her cheeks, a palm caught it from falling.

"Neerav", she squealed in delight. 

He took her in to his arms,"Happy valentine's day my love".

"But you were on tour right? When did you get time to do all this?"

He smiled. And she understood. He was not on the tour. He was preparing a huge surprise for her and she, like an idiot, thought he was unromantic. In his arms, she got goosebumps thinking about what more lies ahead.


12 Obiters:

Sifar said...

Simply WoW....wonderful take on prompt...as ususal :)

the factfiction said...

you ignite romance in me :)

Rat said...

very nice write up :)

Geoff said...

Very lovely and romantic words shared indeed!! I think between husband and wife trust and their limitations needed to know each other pretty well. I really wish both of you great happy married life.

the factfiction said...

thanks Geoff

Unknown said...

wow! valentine love bed.colorful bouquets featuring an exquisite mix of roses, lilies and springtime flowers, and guaranteed to melt her heart. No matter which of these arrangements you choose, love is sure to blossom velentine flowers. our visit website www.shalimardesigns.com.dial toll-free to 888-992-5063.

kalpana solsi said...

WOW! What a celebration .

the factfiction said...

thanks kalpana :)

Anmol Rawat said...

such a cute story :)

BTW I was playing with Maukie again after reading the post :D

the factfiction said...

Thanks Anmol, and maukie loves your company :D

Jyotsna Bhatia said...

Ah.. who doesn't love surprises !!!

the factfiction said...

true :D

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips