Redemption





I was tempted, tempted to hit them all so hard that they die. I clutched my fingers so tight that my palms bled. I slowly walk away trying to ignore the sound, but it followed me around the college.

"frog boy, frog boy, frog boy"

I started walking briskly and then broke in to running but the sound followed me everywhere. I reached home, slammed the door shut and hide in a dark corner of the room. The anger consumed me and I slept. I did not realize until my mother dragged me around shrieking at me,

"Nivaan, get ready for the school."

"No mamma, I don't want to go to school."

"What is it with your everyday drama. I am so fed up."

She somehow managed to put me into my uniform and threw me out with my bag. I was fuming with anger. So cruel, my mom. I went around the school but did not get in. I found a corner where no one could spot me but I could watch everyone coming and going. And then I saw her. Jasmine. She stepped down from  premium car. She was rich and beautiful. She had a flawless skin and long flowing hairs. She looked like an angel with those big eyes. I couldn't help following her. She was the miss popular. I was so busy with my misery that I didn't notice her earlier. And now looking at her I knew all my misery was going to end. I sucked at maths, a subject she aced at. that was my chance. I talked to my teacher to assign me someone who could help me with maths. Touched by my concern she was assigned to me. I knew everything is going to be all right now. She taught me, but she never looked at me. I thought if I tell her how I feel about her, she will feel the same for me and we will live happily freaking forever. But sooner I came to know those forever only exist in books. Exams were around. College was closed for preparation break. We sat on the bench in a secluded park, studying.

"I need a smoke break", She said.

I wondered if her fans back at college knows that she smokes. I assumed this was the right time to tell her how I feel about her. I was looking for some nice flattering way to tell her but it just came out rushing.

"Jasmine, I love you."

She stared at me for what felt like eternity, and then she broke in to laughter. I was hurt.

"I am serious Jasmine."

She stopped laughing. She sounded serious when she said.

"I once heard a story of a princess and a frog. The princess kisses the frog and it turns in to prince. Will you turn into a prince if I kiss you frog boy?"

And she rolled over with laughter. I did not know what happened. Last thing I remembered was  she was laughing at me and next second she was on the ground with me on top straddling her. My hands ache as I pushed them hard on her throat. I had no idea what happened. I was so confused and may be screwed too. I looked at her. She was the girl I loved. What have I done? I felt pathetic. Then she moaned. I jumped with joy, she was alive.

"You bastard, You tried to kill me. I will call the police. You don't know my dad. He will kill you."

I was scared and angry, very very angry. She kept on mocking me between sputtering blood. beaten to the pulp but still a bitch. I was mad at her and before I knew I took a large rock and smashed her face. I was scared. My ear buzzed and my heart thumped like it will jump out of my chest. The feel of her blood on my skin calmed me. I had to get rid of her body. I dragged her to the river flowing near the secluded park. I emptied her bag pack and her purse trying to make it look like robbery. And I thought I deserved something after going through so much pain. Not much of cash, so much for a rich broad. there were plenty of cigarette, some drugs and contraceptives. I knew she wasn't as nice as she pretended to be. She deserved to die. I have redeemed her. In that moment I knew God has chosen me to redeem all the bad people. I felt good. I was proud be the chosen one for this task. I filled her bag pack and her pockets with rocks and thew her down the river.

"Satan bless her soul for God don't bless bad people."

I took off my blooded shirt, tied some rocks in it and threw it down the river with her. I held my bag pack tightly across my chest and walked home in utter peace. I did not know I had reached my home until I heard my mother screaming at me for lost shirt. It did not bother me. I fell face down on to my bed to get some rest. I had so many things to do in coming days. I smiled and slept.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

1 Obiters:

Sifar said...

WoW write up...as ususal :)

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips