Whirlwind

"Nidhi, I have to go on business trip."

"Me too. How long will you be gone?"

"15  days."

"I will be gone for 3 weeks."

"I have to leave tomorrow."

"Me day after, I will drop the kids to my parent's tomorrow before I leave."

He held her through shoulders, "its just great that your parents stay in the same city." They hugged.

"I am going to miss you."

"Me too my lovely wife." 

They have been married for 10 wonderful years now with three amazing kids. In two subsequent days they left for their trips. Everyday they chat over Skype and he never missed a chance of telling her how much he is missing her and how desperate he is to see her.

"I am going back tomorrow."

"That's great, I will be home in three days after you."

"Its going to be so lonely."

"Awww, I will be there soon na."

"Okay, see you then."

"Sure."

Her work was done a day earlier. she was very happy. She was eager to go home to her husband. She decided to surprise him. She was so thrilled to have a day to spend just with her husband after so long. She stood at the door, held her breath as she opened the door. But she stood surprised. The house was a mess, there were things scattered every where. It was apparent that there had been a party. At the table were pieces of cake an earring and his cell phone. No wonder he was not receiving her calls. She was stunned to see the earring that wasn't hers. He was sleeping, obviously drunk. the bed was no lesser a mess. There were a set of lingerie lying there which wasn't hers either. she was fuming but she waited till he gets up and sober.

"You have been cheating on me", she said in a dead cold voice.

"Baby listen, I can explain."

"How dare you, how dare you cheat on me." She shouted in anger.

"Baby, listen to me. I did not do it intentionally. I was drunk and I was missing you like hell. I was so drunk that i thought she was you and this happened. I didn't mean it. She is nothing to me. For me she was you." he dropped his voice to a more softer and intimate note. "Baby, we are still going to grow old together, if you forgive me for this. I love you."

He said it so convincingly that there was no chance of her suspecting infidelity. For her sake and for kids, she decided to forgive him. But no sooner, she stumbled across one email from one of his colleague name Molly.

I am still reeling from your work on me. Can't join you on your next trip and moreover my husband is home.

She held her head in her hands.

"So, he is cheating on me. I need to know more."

He left his laptop open while he was showering. She took a quick sneak-peak into his emails. One of  them read:

After you have briefed me in the meeting you can "debrief" me in the hotel room.

"How very juvenile."

And she ran to washroom vomiting. She still couldn't believe he was cheating on her. She confronted him when he came out from the shower. He, again, told her a sad story about his life which she knew was a lie. For the sake of kids she agreed him to take psychotherapy sessions, and he agreed. But she saw a greater infidelity when her younger daughter was diagnosed with serious illness and he defied to accept his responsibility. he turned around and walked out of the room to go to his office. That was that. She decided she could not stand any more of his infidelity. She knew he would have lead a double life cheating on her had she not caught her, but running away from his responsibility of his kids was way too much. She divorced him and never saw him again. Few months later when she visited her best friend, she saw the same earring, the single one, the same one she saw the first day she caught her husband cheating on her.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

12 Obiters:

Abhra said...

Interesting read and good use of the photograph too- but you have paced up quite a bit - such a big thing and it might have been better if you focused on some more details.

Anonymous said...

Nice take on the prompt.. I loved the end.. Betrayed by both husband and best friend!!

Anonymous said...

nicely written.. held me till the end!

Pawan Hegde said...

You've made good use of the prompt. :)

Unknown said...

Awesome that is!

Sifar said...

Simply Awesome WOW post :)

the factfiction said...

thanks Abhra will keep that in mind.

the factfiction said...

taleoftwotomamtoes.... thankyou :)

the factfiction said...

nibhz glad :)

the factfiction said...

pawan hegde thanks :)

the factfiction said...

prathamesh deshmukh :) thankyou

the factfiction said...

Amit :D

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips