A train missed


mumbi local
Add caption




Aman was irritated with his repeater, it wouldn't shut up until he gets off his bed. It reminds him so much of his mother. He loved his work as the CEO of the company but leaving his oh so comfortable bed early in the morning had never been his cup of tea. He had plenty of time before he had to start for his office. He switched on the TV and tuned it to the stock news, ran warm water in his luxurious bath and soaked himself for a good long hour. He fixed himself a sandwich and a cup of coffee and sat to ate it in time. Living alone was both a boon and a bane to him.

Somehow his mind wasn't at the news or the breakfast either, it drifted to Sally time and over again. There was something about that girl that always made his heart melt. He knew it was unethical to fall for his employee and Sally wasn't his type either. But whenever she was around he felt helplessly attracted to her. She was always riding the wind. She always came late to the office and gave him feeble excuses that did not stand on him anymore now. He had warned her, telling her if she kept coming late he will have to fire her, but he never had the heart the heart to do so. She was efficient and the mere thought that he could never see her again always made him wince in pain.

He saw Sally came running in to the office. She was late again. She was working like a whirlwind trying to pull up on her deadlines. Suddenly the office felt as if it has come to life. His phone beeped a reminder. It is Sally's birthday tomorrow. She had just mentioned it casually last year to someone and he overheard. He wanted to make it special to her but he knew he can not. But he decided to give her a memorable gift anonymously.

It was her birthday today and Aman was all set for it. He had planned to make it special for her without being involved. He reached to the office with lots of butterflies in his stomach. He had never done something like this for anyone. He turned on the TV in his cabin and tuned it to the news. The news reader said,"We have a latest news coming in,there was a blast in the fast local from Bandra to Dadar. Our reporter at the scene says there has been a lot of loss of lives....." He couldn't hear it anymore. Sally always took that train. The mere thought that she was on it made him choke. He felt paralyzed. He felt like dying. Only now did he realize how much he loved her. Just when he was going blank, he saw her entering like always, riding the air. For once he thought he was dreaming. But when she entered his cabin he felt like jumping and taking her in to his tight hug just to never leave her again. It felt like a million years have passed. He wanted to do so many things but he stood rooted. Sally kept on blabbering," so sorry sir for being so late again, but I could not help it. My alarm didn't go off and then my geyser stopped working. But I somehow showered and as I was going out my neighbor's cat got in to my room. It took me a hell lot of time to find her. Then I forgot locking my door so I had to go back to lock it. I arrived at the station just on time to catch my local but then in hurry I clashed with a lady and her things got scattered. She wouldn't let me go until I fix it up, and I missed my train in that. Then I had to take a cab and you know the traffic. I am so sorry sir. Please don't fire me...." She kept on saying nonstop and he let her do that. He was just happy, so very happy that she was safe, his Sally was safe.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

8 Obiters:

divsi said...

Lovely use of the prompt!

Anita Sabat said...

So wonderful! Glad she missed her train!
WOW indeed :)

the factfiction said...

Divsi... thankyou :)

the factfiction said...

Anita yeah indeed :)

Cifar said...

silent admirer, loved the way you narrated the story, nicely written

Diary Confessions - 7

the factfiction said...

Thankyou Cifar shayar

Shetty Anirudh said...

Great work on the narration.
:)
A nice read..

the factfiction said...

Anirudh....thanks :)

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips