From the unborn...



I once dreamed about being born as a human. I am sure I must have. Because now when I am able to see the world from inside my mom, it feels nothing short of a blessing. Everything seem so beautiful, like picture perfect. My mom carries me like I am so fragile and delicate. My father will always run a loving hand all over my mom's tummy, and they will both talk to me like its a game. It all feels so good. I still remember when mom found out she was pregnant. Her happiness was so infectious, and my dad was delirious with pleasure. And then I saw a most beautiful girl. She had eyes like sapphire, and her face like that of an angel. And how can I forget her smile that could make you forget everything. Her hug was as warm as my mother. My happiness was beyond expression when I got to know she was my sister to be. At 20, she was the whirlwind of the house. In the morning, mom would spin all around her. Her breakfast, her lunchbox and such. It was an exhilarating experience everyday. There would be silence for as long as she was in school. Everyday my family would give me a new reason to hurry up. I was getting impatient to be born into this loving world of mine. I wanted to be born a human as long as I was unaware of the world outside my home. Usual day, my parents were dotting over me, talking to me. And I was impatiently waiting for my sister to come back from school, it was time. But instead a call came. The happiness on his face died. He turned to look at mom with eyes full of horror. I was scared, thinking something went wrong with my mom. My fear grew stronger as he asked her to get in the car. We were going to hospital. She held me protectively all through the drive. I thought I was going to die. They both almost ran through the corridor to inside a room. And there, on the bed was my angel looking sister, bruised and battered. Doctor said she was physically abused. I choked watching her lying still. Tubes running in and outside of her lean body. She looked like a ghost. Mom broke into tears. Dad was silent, pain and helplessness written all over his face. They both sat down at her side, holding her hand, waiting for her to get up. And when she opened her eyes, it was full of agony and distress. A lone tear betrayed her eyes when she looked at her parents holding her hand. But she said nothing. She was like a soul stripped out of all the hope, ambition and life. It was few days before she came back home. I wanted to see her laugh, play with me like she used to. I wanted my parents to talk to me. But the house that used to be full of laughter and sound, was now as silent as a graveyard. Everyone was no better than a zombie. My parents tried to get my sister out of the trauma, but it wasn't easy on her. Every thing inside her had died, her faith was shattered. The incident was engraved in her soul forever. How will she ever get out of the dark shadow was a question that kept hanging in every eyes. And one day she gave them the answer. The pain, the suffering, killed her. It was in all these days that I realized, that the world outside is nothing like the world I used to see in my home. That the people are not as warm as my parents and sister. They are cruel. I once dreamed of being born as a human, and now I don't want to be born at all, not as a human atleast.



 This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda



6 Obiters:

Anonymous said...

beautifully written..awesome :)

the factfiction said...

thanks :)

Unknown said...

Awesome depiction through story based on a current affair.. u have a talent.. it needs a line or two at the beginning of a story to tell one the intensity and depth of things to follow. And it captivated till the end..

the factfiction said...

thanks Aman :)

Inds said...

Why should you not be born as human ..pray that others are born as human ...and not devils. Well written story

the factfiction said...

true indeed Inds. but the unborn doesnt know the difference. it doesn't know what devils are. It knows only what it sees from inside her mother.

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips