The message



rose and a card



".....And before I knew, I had hit send."  Although I just heard this last line, I already guessed what must have been the story.

I heard riots of laugh rolling out of the room. My sister and her friends were having a ball and she had been telling this story everyday to everyone, I don't know how many times. We are twins. I am full 30 mins elder to her, though I never get the feel of that. She had been lazy even when she was about to born. Like every sisters, we fight like cats and she somehow always wants what I have. And these are the only times when I am supposed to act elder. We have some similar sets of dresses, same iPods and tabs and even ditto copies of cellphones. I wish I could call my sister an exact copy of Cruella in 101 dalmatians, but she is way better looking than her and slightly better temperament. Okay, may be much better temperament than her. And I like my sister as much as I like Cruella.


Now, I must put in some good words for her or you would think I don't like her even a bit, which is true. She has a pretty creative brain when it comes to being notorious. Sometimes I really wonder how in the hell she could think of so many pranks, each of them just like her, silly and stupid. Leaving apart some of her stupid friends, we have quite a few common buddies. She is one Penelope Cruz, not with looks, just that she is pretty famous among boys and she likes been surrounded with them. And hence I share some of her fans ans my friends.

There's one thing I hated her most for- Aaron. Aaron, I loved the sound of his name, and somehow he became my first crush, and he never stopped drooling after my sister. Did I tell you she, I mean my sister, had always been pretty good at expressing herself. I guessed that's the only thing I liked about her, the way she could play with words.

The door of my sister's room was wide open. I had to cross it to reach mine. I tried to be invisible for I was in no mood to join them. As I crossed her room, I could not help peeping inside. And I came to abrupt halt. Yes, Aaron, he was there.

"Hey sis, When did you come?"
"Just now."
"Come join us."

 I was about to decline and then I saw him smiling at me. Oh My God, Aaron smiling at me. I almost fainted. I couldn't have said no, could I?

"Lemme change first."

I went into my room and saw roses, red roses on my bed along with a card on my bed. The card had some romantic message and then an I love you too, signed Aaron. And below his name was written in fine prints (I loved the way you expressed your love for me). I was befuddled. And of course heart broken. It must have been for my sister. I had no courage to go back to her room and join them and see both of them giving loving looks to each other. After few painful minutes, I heard a soft knock on my door. My heart stopped as I opened the door. It was Aaron.

"You didn't come?"
"Yeah, feeling kindda tired."
"I see you have seen them." He said pointing to flowers and the card.
"Yeah, am sorry. I dint mean to. But then since they were in my room..."
"They were meant for you only. I thought you were coming back home late, so I kept it here. But now that you are here, I want to say it in person. I love you too."

Cat got my tongue and I felt glued to earth. he smiled and went back. I felt as clueless as a dumb investigator. My head was spinning like top. I don't know how long I had been standing like a mannequin, but that's how my sister found me when she walked in. She shook me with shoulders.

"Sis, I have to tell you something." I looked at her blankly. She started speaking lightly. "I mistakenly sent a romantic message to Aaron, that I was supposed to send my boyfriend. I had no idea I had your phone in my hand....And before I knew I had hit send."
 

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda



PS: This is my 100th post and my 21st post to Blogadda wow. I am really thankful to Blogadda for giving me food for writing every weekend. And I dedicate this post to my immensely adorable husband, without whose support I would have lost this flair of writing. And nonetheless I am pretty grateful to all those who drop by here and provide me encouragement. Thank you everyone.




blogadda wow badge

9 Obiters:

preethi said...

Nicely written....what must happen will happen. Fate has played a beautiful role in this story. :)

preethi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amit said...

Its only you all the way baby...congratulations for your 100th post...and once again awesome write up.. :)

the factfiction said...

Thanks Preethi :D

the factfiction said...

Couldn't have done it without your immense support :D

Neo Imaginations said...

Beautiful twist at the end. Lovely post Congraats for the century of post.

the factfiction said...

Thanks Neo

ravindra rajput said...

Wow.. what a story .. Had not imagined such a sweet ending.. Well written :)

the factfiction said...

Thanks ravindra :)

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips