The Superhero






 "So, the topic is if given a chance what superhero powers you would want and why?"

The entire 5th standard started murmuring with excitement as soon as I declared the topic for today's extempore.

Anant, a cute kid said he wants to have powers of Spiderman because he loves it when he swings around buildings. Every time he sees him doing it he feels a thrill inside him and he wants to do it too.

"It would save time no. I would not have to get up early for getting ready to school." 

The class laughed, he sheepishly said thank you and went to his seat.

Neeta said she wants the power of the bat girl because she is the only female superhero known to her.

The nerdy Manish said he wants the power of Superman because he wants to fly and be away from everyone.

"But Manish, superheroes don't run away, right?"

He thought for a while and then said, "then I would fly and fight every bad kid who bully little kids like me."

Every one clapped and he puffed his chest while he walked back to his seat.

As the chubby Rahul got up from his seat, a naughty student commented, "Ma'am he would want to have powers of chhota Bheem only so that he could eat as much as he want." 

The class roared with laughter. In amidst of all these fun and laughter Little Navya sat quietly in her seat.

"Navya, What powers do you want? Won't you tell?"

She got up slowly as if in doubt. She looked like a doll. Her eyes glimmered with a different maturity and she mostly kept silent. She has always been the center of my affection and source of my mystery.

"Ma'am If given a chance to be a superhero I would want to have powers of my Mother. I am not sure if she could fly or swing around the house but she is always there even before me or my grandparents finish calling for her. I don't know about anyone else but she always protects us from trouble and dangers. Like Batman or Batgirl, she often stays awake throughout the night, holding me, comforting me when I have nightmares, or when my grandparents are ill. She takes care of the house as all the superheroes takes care of their cities. Like them, she wears a mask of happiness but I know she is sad inside ever since my father left. I have often seen her wiping tears from her eyes after she put flowers around my father's picture. For me she is a superhero and I want to have her powers so that Icould be like her."

And I, along with the entire class, was rendered speechless with tears.  

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

16 Obiters:

Swathi Shenoy said...

that brought a lump in my throat! very well written

Reema D'souza said...

Superb indeed! Very well written.

Rat said...

very touching... Well written..

Cifar said...

Mothers- superheroes without any special suits,touching

Super Power

Anonymous said...

Hey! Moms are, indeed, blessed with super powers and our miracle heroes that fight against time to make things right for us.
Superb WoW post:)

Shilpa Gupte said...

That was so touching! Mothers are truly superheroes...far more heroic than the so-called 'superheroes'!
Enjoyed the post! Simply great!

preethi said...

Simply brilliant post !!!! Awesome thought put out in a lovely manner...Enjoyed reading :)

Sushree Dash said...

You are a fabulous writer .....This story brought a drop of tear in my eyes .....awesome work :)

the factfiction said...

Swathi Shenoy thankyou :)

the factfiction said...

thankyou Reema D'souza

the factfiction said...

a Rat :D

the factfiction said...

cifar shayar thankyou :)

the factfiction said...

vishalbheeroo indeed they are superheroes...thankyou :)

the factfiction said...

Shilpa Gupte glad you liked it :)

the factfiction said...

preethi :D thankyou

the factfiction said...

Sushree Dash thankyou :)

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips