Evenings of promises kept

couple watching sunset

Come, have we,
a long way since beginning
almost a lifetime
of few decades and more,
from the hairs black
to them turning grey and white
a journey
from being 18 and single
to being
married and sixty-four
together we loved and struggled
and made and entire new world.
Kids turning into parents
and then making it grand
I am still amazed
at how strong we stand.
And all these while,
my companion true
am still so much so
in love with you.
Today, I hold your hand in mine
and I know I am complete
no more of world I desire
no more of compassion I seek.
The only wish that remains
is to watch, with you, this sunset
dawns, turning into dusk
framing the evenings of promises kept

3 Obiters:

Mr.Miglani said...

Another beautiful piece from you

ViCk said...

Eternal ! :)

the factfiction said...

yes :)

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips