beach story...concluded

sad female width=
"How long have you been stalking me?", I wasn't sure how I was feeling, "and why"

she opened her mouth to say something..but restrained.

"Why?"

"I wasn't stalking you" her voice was calm...and hurt...but she said no more.
I had no idea what to say...I walked out...She sat there..her head down..probably crying...And at that point of time I was more angry than I cared.

Night was hard to spend..I walked..I drank...I smoked...I even considered walking back to her..but i have this thing for my anger and ego.

Next morning I went running...for two reasons...to pass my time and....in a hope to see her...she was there...running...sad...and lost.

Weeks passed..I did not see her

"Ajaansh, you need to brief the whole Eye project to someone who is replacing miss Ishika in the project"

I stared at my boss blankly...replacing Ishika...why?

I briefed the one who have been working alongside me throughout the project...and I ran...for Ishika...for my life.

"sa'ab madam to jaa rahi hain ghar chhod kar. samaan saara pack kar k rakhwa diya hai aur kahin gayi hain. aur aapke liye ye chhod gayi hain", he extracted a neat envelope and handed it to me.


Ajaansh,

            It has always been easy for you to neglect and forget me, but never for me. Those albums, am not sure if you dint recognize or just ignored, had my childhood pictures as well. yes I am the one you always made fun of..from high school  to grad school and I never stopped loving you. Never in my life I expected to see you again, especially not like this. Trust me, this was all as unexpected for me as it was for you. Still forgive me.
Love 'Harriet'

I was dumbstruck...felt like a fool....Harriet as we called her in school for the 'craters' all over her face..It was impossible to make a connection...But I had to run...To stop her..To tell her I love her...for real.
I ran to her office...An hour of hard work and I was rewarded "Ishika flew to some other branch...Where...no one knows..Only the boss and he is tight mouthed when it comes to privacy of Ishika. hard luck buddy".

I walked out..head bowed...sat on the stairs Aghast..I had lost her.




wait no..the story doesn't end here...Who are meant to be together...finds a way together...and there is one thing called destiny.
2 years later I saw her again...on my official trip to south of France...in a coffee shop...lost in her lappie with a coffee...and man she was still as beautiful..may be even more now

"this doesn't come with an expiry date..does it?"..she looked up in a shock and went pale...she stood up still looking shocked...and hurt..I pulled her to a hug...she reluctantly gave in...and cried.

"Is that Roy guy still around...are you still engaged?" I asked her as we sat and called for a coffee.

"I never was" she looked down
"that ring..."
"my mom's.."

"marry me"
she looked shocked...and slowly her lips twitched...and then SHE SMILED

6 Obiters:

Rishabh Khullar said...

no words left for appraisal.. I'm going blamk.. U r a great writer.. a true concoctor.. Cant say much.. Reason.. U'll find in ur dm.. :)

the factfiction said...

I am Glad you liked it :D

wordcutter said...

WoW, how perfect a conclusion can be???........ Now I know.
At the end love does finds its way....huh!!!!!
Superb, just loved it.

the factfiction said...

:) thats the point...love finds its way always..thanks

ViCk said...

Amor vincit omnia !
nice one !

the factfiction said...

semper :)

just nice?

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips