A beach story

girl with conch


She wasn't the princess out of fairy tale, but God she was pretty. She had something about her, like a magnetic pull, and I was being a perfect nut, staring at her like that.

I always loved my morning run at the beach, and today i fell in love head over heels. She had been taking her laps as well, that loose tee did nothing to hide her glam figure. her hair pulled back in a high pony and a band at forehead. NO, she was way better than just pretty.

And then she stopped dead in her tracks, staring intently at something in the sand. A smile crept up to her beautiful lips. Bent down, picked it up- A Conch. She examined it, turned it each ways and then she put it on her ears. Then the magic happened- she smiled that huge electrifying smile of hers and man , I was dead.
'Ajaansh'- somebody called my name. That was someone I used to see every morning here. We had a little chit chat. By the time I turned my attention back to her she was gone, just like that.

I was disappointed. But there was nothing I could have done then, so, I jogged back home.
Throughout the day her smiled kept flashing in my memories and I ended up smiling at myself for no reason, feeling like a fool. Somehow, with a lot of effort the day ended. The night felt longer than usual. I slept fitfully, waking up at every half hour to check my bedside clock. Still two hours to go, and right at its time my clocked chimed.

I got up at an instant and realized how simply the two more minutes of sleep today seemed long and useless. Like a lightning I changed to my tracksuit and ran, YES RAN, not jogged, to the beach. She was already doing her laps there. "Oops I need to get up earlier I guess".

I tried matching my laps to her, so as she is in my vision constantly. After a few run she stopped, staring at a distance where few kids where playing, jumping and splashing water at each other. Again her THAT SMILE, and she walked with deliberate steps to them. She jumped and splashed and played like a kid. And she looked like a kid- sweet, innocent, fragile. Little did I knew then.

'Ajaansh'- I was distracted again. How I have come to hate my name in these two days. And I caught her jogging back, at a distance. She flies, yes, a second and she vanishes. Two days and I know nothing of her, absolutely nothing, apart from the fact that she is amazingly beautiful and that she has a part of my heart and a whole lot of my mind.

I was disappointed YET AGAIN

2 Obiters:

Rishabh Khullar said...

oh.. Lovely portrayal of a beautiful girl.. Was eagerly waiting for part 2..

the factfiction said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips