beach story...towards a revelation



"so tell me about you, have you got someone waiting for you?", damn this was the wrong question. "No, i mean....sorry it isn't what it sounds like..I mean this was not what i wanted to ask".

shit i was stammering

her that smile yet again
"Its okay..I have a fiancé, Roy, he works in the Australia."
"You're engaged?" He tried to hide the crushing disappointment in his voice. He looked at her ring for the first time and cursed himself for not seeing it sooner.

"Yeah, but it's been two years and we haven't set a date so I don't know what that means."
"Well if he's got any sense he'll marry you tomorrow."

"Thanks." She blushed.
Damn isn't she gorgeous. 

Few days later
"I have no real reason to know this but I feel I should tell you that the yoghurt you're about to eat is out of date." I said

She looked at the lid. It expired over the weekend.
"I think you just saved my life." She teased with fake wonder.
"Any time lady." He smiled
"You haven't told me about you yet. Being secretive haan", she teased.
"He laughed, nah, I have nothing much apart from work and this one girl I am head over heels in love with", I almost blurted out nervously...with a smile.
"ohh a girl haan" she smiled..conspicuously...like she knew what I meant

Weeks passed...and nothing was helping me..I was in love..all the more..and she was still engaged to some Roy guy.

We kept meeting in the pretext of work... and I kept falling in love.

Three weeks later.
""Hey, how's the new apartment?"
"Great, I love it there. Gets a little lonely at night though. And I am throwing a little housewarming party, why don't you join in."
"How can I say no to you"...and her smile.

At the party


it was a gorgeous party...in a gorgeous house of the gorgeous lady.
And God she looked like the angel she was...It all was going good..but I was feeling a bit out of place among her friends so i looked around.

There were her pictures and her family's and friends... I was astonished...I couldn't figure out Roy...No picture to indicate she has someone in her life.
I wanted to ask her..She was busy...She looked at me and smiled.

"Are you getting bored", she pouted her lips and mouthed...and i felt like kissing her right then.

I shook my head in disagreement...waved my hands to indicate not to worry and carry on.
I wandered into a room..it wasn't arranged yet..there were few albums...I took one and flipped...my breath got stuck....my eyes popped out...how could this be...this cant be...My head swarmed

0 Obiters:

Post a Comment

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips